Friday, August 20, 2004

So I may have dug myself a whole bigger then I wanted to fill the other day. I foolishly admitted that I did have a blog. Under normal circumstances this would not be an issue. Besides the fact that I am the worlds biggest hippocrit. I beg others to update their site so I can have some fresh reading material. Upon receiving the address for this site they point out that I haven't updated in over a month. I'm going to blame it all on the Olympics. I understand that they've only been on for the last seven days -- but it has been seven very obsessed days in my world. I can only revel in the memory of being 16, jobless, and allowed to sit at home for those 14 days and take in every moment of judo, rowing, and archery that network television would allow. I find myself now damning my work because it is interuppting my viewing pleasure between the hours of 8am-7pm.

During those fabulous 14 days I developed an extreme hate for this girl:

http://galeon.hispavista.com/gimnasiapotosi/img/13-svetlana%20khorkina.JPG

Svetlana Khorkina. The queen bitch of the Olympic games. My friend Monica and I used to make fun of her (now) long legs and icy stare. To my surprise she is still competing at age 25. In her words, "I came here to get what belongs to me. I want a gold medal as much as I want to mother my own child. I am Russian. I was born here. I will always live here." Yes, Slevtlana, you will always be there -- gold medal-less. Perhaps you don't have the same hate for Slevtlana as I do, but you should.

2 comments:

Hairtux said...

I hate her too, Jackie, Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly

Jackie Rae said...

She is pure Russian trash. My hate is even more now that she is saying that the judging is rigged. Some people need to just know when to retire.