Monday, January 02, 2006

Semi-Annual Shit.

I made a trip the the mall today salivating at the opportunity to spend (or at least put a dent in) my $100 gift card to Victorias Secret. After a few other stops I finally managed to find my beloved store. (And yes, I do get lost in the Duluth Mall.)

The gate was down. "Perhaps, the only worker had to use the restroom," I thought, foolishly. I looked for the BACK IN 10 MINUTES SIGN. In its place was a heartbreaking proclimation: CLOSED @ 6 FOR SEMI-ANNUAL SALE. OPEN TOMORROW @ 7AM.

Seriously, does Victorias Secret really need three full hours to throw some leftover underwear and bras in odd sizes into plastic divided bins? Does it really take three full hours to set up a sign that says SEMI ANNUAL SALE. Do they really need to have an "employee rally" inside the now barricaded brassiere botique? This was bullshit.

I've never once found anything of interest at a SEMI ANNUAL SALE. Well, maybe I should revise that statement: I never found anything of interesting in my my size at the SEMI ANNUAL SALE. Most of the remnants of clothing are reminiscint to the leopard print kimono sized underwear displayed in the movie Road Trip.

I could catalogue shop - but then where would the fun come from?

2 comments:

Hairtux said...

I don't understand this lack of comments, so I figured I'd chime saying sales piss me off. Way too many people, lines too long, patience too short.

shhdpj!!!

Jackie Rae said...

There has been both a post-sale adventure as well as a post-sale online adventure whereas I used up all $100 of gift card goodness plus $36 extra dollars of my own.

I haven't decided on what I shall post next.

Its almost tax time so hopefully I can come up with some sort of scintilating scandal there.

qtslk.

-Rae.