Friday, October 13, 2006

Scrub (a dub)

Comment by Aaron: i like how you think about saying things, then you say them. it reminds me of JD on scrubs. "'elliot looks really good today...i think i'll tell her that'". "elliot, you look really good today."

Do you think this may be rooted in the fact that I have watched three (3) seasons of Scrubs in order in the last two and a half weeks? Is it only a matter of time before I start emulating Dr. Cox?

I have never watched Scrubs before, even though I believe I remember Aaron to be quite the supportive fan. Recently, however, I have taken to watching 5 episodes a day on DVD (to supplement the crappy network tv schedule.) I find it quite fascinating and humorous. The whole "inner monologue" idea is something that I figured is something that I have been doing for years now (it's more of a social filter though- so I don't get my ass kicked).

I would just like to take this moment to relate my favorite Scrubs episode/moment of the first 2 1/2 seasons (besides the part where Colin Hay follows JD around the hospital singing "Overkill"): Season 2, Episdoe 13, My Philosophy. This is the episode where JD asks the heart patient what she thinks death will be like and she tells him that she hopes it will be like a Broadway Play, where there is some big poignant moment where she is singing on stage. At the end of the episode it plays out exactly that with the Jill Tracy sining Colin Hays "Waiting For My Real Life to Begin." It was so beautiful, and such a different way of looking at death. It's worth downloading that clip if you've never seen it. ?

What's your favorite Scrubs moment

6 comments:

meganrose said...

It's interesting that you just started watching scrubs. I have not been watching them in order, but I have been recording them with DVR for the past few weeks. And it's probably close to watching 5 episodes a day. I don't know if I have a favorite scrub moment..however, I do like how they will randomly bring up things more than once. Like, the whole "black people yelling at the movie screen" thing...I've heard that come up at least twice in the episodes I've seen. I am definitely a fan of this show.

Also, I know you had commented on my blog a while back...and I wanted to reply to that. I work with the Employment Guide. So, I sell people employment advertising, and job fairs, and other random things that we do...that help with recruiting. I almost had one Menards store in yesterday...but something happened that he couldn't make the final decision, but he said "next week" We'll see. Menards 1...Megan 0.

dogpoop said...

Diarrhetic floor. ^^


cgedeao

Jackie Rae said...

I finished Season 3 this weekend and am eagerly anticipating Season 4's arrival at my home.

I've only seen/heard one reference to 'black people yelling at the movie screen' so far -- perhaps the rest is yet to come. It was a pretty good end to the Season though I thought the music was a little weaker then previous seasons.

Have yet to hear diarrhetic floor.

wosvqo,
Rae

dogpoop said...

it was season 2, episode 46! the one where J.D. and the Janitor are arguing about paychecks and J.D. ends up eating something off the floor or licking it (i forget) to show he believes the floor is cleanm enough to eat off of a heheheheheh

xxccl

Jackie Rae said...

I love the janitor!

Ahh, I remember. He looked in J.D.'s locker to see how much he made and kept trying to offer him money.

I'm still (not so) patiently awaiting Season 4.

qsmigadq,
Rae

Jackie Rae said...

I think its on Thursday nights @ 8pm on NBC.

Opposite Grey's Anatomy.

Stupid NBC.
Stupid Stupid NBC.

bsrfl