Sarbanes-Oxley can suck it.
Enron and WorldCom are screwing me over.
14 year old Montana ranch kid ropes drowning man out of Yellowstone River
[Hero]
-
[image: Hero] [link] [7 comments]
1 hour ago
6 comments:
eh?
zquozurs,
dan
It's this stupid law about how public ally trading companies have to have certain checks and balances in their accounting practices now. In order to try to prevent "cooking the books" like WorldCom and Enron did - by over reporting their earnings.
For me, its means a huge change in the way we process payroll. It's really frustrating because they took practically all my processing duties away from me, and gave them to someone else, but I still have to double check EVERYTHING she does and am responsible for the results.
I was processing all payroll before (with sign-off from HR & ACCT) and I wasn't making any mistakes ... so I'm mad that now I have to correct someone elses all the time - and I will be, since she has NEVER done payroll before and can't even calculate her own time card correctly.
Argh!
ldwoho,
Rae
I know what Sarbanes-Oxley is, I just didn't think it was something you'd have to deal with, strictly accounting stuff.
Why did they give her your duties?
opwga,
Dan
I report to Human Resources. And she reports to the General Manager/Accounting. Essentially, someone who reports to a different department has to handle it. Not that she's anymore trust worthy... I could have kept my duties if I reported to someone else... but my manager said, "I'm not letting you report to anyone but me." She likes me. She really really likes me!
So here I sit, Monday morning, and no work is being done on payroll at all.....
joheiq,
Rae
Dear Jackie,
Back when you were single you blogged more.
tbugs,
Dan
Probably because I actually had internet at home!
I think my relationship status has no direct correlation to my posting. Especially since last Friday I have seen my "boyfriend" for 1 hour and I won't be seeing him again until maybe late tomorrow. Then, he leaves on Sunday, I leave Monday to Detroit until Thursday. (And he might be going hunting this weekend)....
gniegc,
Rae
Post a Comment