Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Happyness.

When my boyfriend moved out of our apartment in May I wasn't a very happy camper. He claimed he was searching for a larger place which provided a garage for his plethora of man toys. Although I still hate the splitting of time between our two places occasionally it does have its perks.

Snacks.
After resisting initially to spend the night I did and awoke to nothing unusual. However, after dis-arming the alarm system I stepped outside to find a grape juice, a granola bar and a snack-cake placed on the door step for my consumption. He had gotten up early and gone to the store to purchase me my version of breakfast.

Often I find cans of pop and Little Debbie's placed near my shoes as if I'm a child and this is the lunch that was packed for me. I love it. Although I don't have a big sweet tooth, his offerings make me smile every time.

He also is the primary dinner/breakfast cooker around our two places. Just the other night I found him in my kitchen, making dinner.... and making the brownies that I had been expressing my desire for. (He also did the dishes which is generally my domain.)

Warm Towels.

We've both always placed a towel on the edge of the vanity for the other to use post shower in the morning. I'm not sure why. Possibly because it just really sucks when you forget to take a towel from the linen cabinet and actually have to step out of the shower in search of one. I like to dry-off in the shower keeping the shower curtain closed to retain the heat I've built up.

On more than one occasion at his place I've began using the "chosen towel" to dry off and find that its unusually warm. He has, on my lucky mornings, run my towel through the dryer before leaving for work so its toasty for me. I woke up this morning and initialy thought that he neglected to take out my towel. However, I discovered, not having laundry to dry, he had placed my towel on the heat-vent creating virtually the same luxury effect. (I know they make heated towel racks for people like me - but this is so much more personal.)

Vehicles.
My Jetta is in the shop again. It's an annoyance both to me and to him. In the summer he'll drive his motorcycle to work and let me borrow his Tahoe. Now that it's winter its not an option, but I still need to borrow his vehicle. He picked me up from work yesterday then drove back to his work to borrow a work truck. I had expressed how I was nervous about his truck not starting this morning. (Anytime its below 40 the Tahoe doesn't start without multiple attempts or in really cold weather you have to spray starting fluid on it.) I approached the vehicle with trepidation this morning only to find that it fired right up with no qualms. Later, I found out, that he had pre-started the Tahoe for me to make sure I had success.

I don't gush often about my boyfriend, although I think he's the best. I mean, seriously, that's why I'm with him. I just thought that even though my reading audience is primarily male (if I have any reading audience left) I'd give the guy a little credit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please delete this post from your blog so the next time I have a girlfriend she won't read it and demand more of me.

Jackie Rae said...

No worries Paul. I'm sure this post will be long archived by the time you have a girlfriend.

pebagne,
Rae