Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The other night I was craving ramen. Thats right, CRAVING noodles. I was sad becaue I knew that I had not purchased any Ramen in oh, lets say, the last 24 years. (A-typical college student, I did not eat Ramen.) I tried to convince my body that it wanted something other then the dehydrated noodles with artifical flavoring. My body resisted. After practically withering away to nothing I drug myself over the cupboard and opened it. There was Ramen. Thank you jesus it was chicken flavored and it was instant. I very much so did enjoy my brothers Ramen noodles.

I just completed shopping for my "post - wisdom tooth removal" pity days. Semi-liquid diet of jello, pudding, applesauce, smoothies, juice, and these fancy little au-natural juice drinks called "Naked." There is 8 whole fruits/vegetables in every bottle. We will see how those go down. I'm hoping this non-solid food restriction lasts no more then a day.

The last thing today (I know this is getting long) is about an email I got today. From my ex. Most of you (probably all of you) know my ex. Well he emailed me today. That is pretty odd.... considering the last thing he emailed me was that I was a conceited bitch and that he never wanted to talk to me again in my entire life. Anyways....HE emailed me today. I stared at it in the Inbox for a while debating whether or not to just delete it. But I thought, sheepishly I realize, "Maybe he is going to apologize." Riiiight. He said that he didn't want to go against his word and talk to me, but he girlfriend said he didn't have to be so mean to me. (Great justification, huh?) He then proceeded to tell me how much he loves his girlfriend and how perfect they are for each other and how life is great, blah, blah, blah. And that he is engaged. He closes his email by saying that he hopes I don't respond to him.

Now, let me ask you this: What was his point? To point out how great things are for him? To lie to himself? To try to rub things in my face? To tell me that he is engaged? To get the last word in edgewise? I'm confused. Had he just said, "I'm sorry that I was mean to you, I went to far. I thought I would let you know I got engaged. Life is going well for me, I hope it is for you as well," I would have been at no odds with the email. But instead I got a drawn out laborious explanation of HIS life. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT angry about him being engaged. I am happy for him... I don't wish ill things on people that I care/have cared for. I am not bitter. I am not cynical. I just didn't understand the tone of the email. Am I supposed to write back? Am I supposed to acknowledge that I read it? I wouldn't mind saying congratulations.... but there would be a few others words I would like to say as well. I am in a quandry --- any help?

I have been almost to tears and back today. Blech.

Juice of the week: V8 Splash - Berry Blend SOOOOO GOOD!

1 comment:

Hairtux said...

You think of the Dude and how wise he is, and the response is clear: "Fuck you! Leave me the fuck alone!"

The Dude abides.