Sunday, May 28, 2006

He's Hip and He Knows It.

My birthday was last week. I turned 26. I know. Insert *gasp* here because I'm just as shocked as you are. I'm definitely struggling with the whole idea of growing older. However, there are those who seem to be keeping right up with the times.

TEXT MESSAGE RECEIVED: Happy Birthday Darling Daughter!
TEXT MESSAGE SENT BY: Dad

My dad knows how to text message. I don't know if I should feel upset that my dad took the easy way out (which I often do) by sending a text message conveying his reason for contact or proud that he knows how to text message.

A few days later when I was opening birthday gifts at my parents house my dad glanced up from his crossword puzzle with his glasses poised on the end of his nose and said, "Is that the iPod shuffle?"

Not only does he know iPod, he now knows the difference between the Shuffle and the Nano?

My dad is turning 55 this year. Who is teaching him these things?

(And yes, my dad always refers to me as "Darling Daughter" whether in email, written correspondance, and now, text message.)

2 comments:

Hairtux said...

OMG, an update!

It is kind of funny your pops knows the difference between a nano and a shuffle. Pretty soon he'll be building his own PC and hacking bank firewalls. Just wait and see.

qtxjq!!!

Jackie Rae said...

He also burns cds.

I'd say approximately 100 a year. I've been working on the same spindle for the past four years and he buys a new one every few months. The guys a machine.


dlgwylan.