Like normal people in the middle of winter in one of the coldest climates in the continental United States, we decided it best, if we walked.
Our first and sixth stop on the tour was the Tower Avenue Tavern:

Not much was happening at the Tower Avenue Tavern so we decided to head North to Lost in the 50's. There wasn't much lost there, but I did find some 2nd and 3rd cousins who were just as surprised to see me as I was them. Unfortunately, there was no photo to accompany this stop. We decided to travel due East and stop at the insanely popular Cedars Lounge, where the walls are covered in shag carpeting:
We didn't really love that bar, so we travelled East-South-East across Tower Avenue to JT's Bar & Grill. I'm not so sure if they really grill anything there. You can draw your own conclusions about what we found inside by noticing the "Rainbow" signage on the outside. I do believe Kelli always stands with her leg like that.

We skipped next door and to JoD's Corner Oasis. It must have been hot in there... because not only did Annie get a little frisky with Angie, we actually took our coats off!
We stopped at Tower Avenue Tavern
on our way across the street (some of the group needed some shots of Jag) and proceeded South towards Builders Saloon. Somehow, we got stopped at The Anchor Bar & Grill where we decided to have some Animal Crackers and a Budweiser.

The pictures get a little blurry from here on out. Apparently the camera operators were having a hard time focusing and holding still. There was a stop at a Tow-Truck Company where I hauled Angie on the flat-bed. We did finally make it to Builders Saloon.

We stayed for three drinks at this location... and I think that's when Kelli decided she needed to kiss me.

After Builders we had to walk back down Tower to retrieve our cars and drive to the new O'Neils Pub (formerly a Wendy's Restaurant, this place now has a drive-through liquor store) and is one of my favorite places. I especially enjoyed the couch near the fireplace... as apparently, so did my friends and a creepy little leprechaun.

I decided that since I was already on the South end of town I was going to head on home. It was after midnight and I was about to turn into a pumpkin.
4 comments:
haha looks like a lot of fun was had! i can't wait to do a London pub crawl when i get to England. i doubt i remember to get pictures, though.
bkxnv
I'm going to recommend a driving service if the temperature is below 0.
London bar crawl? A camera is a must! English accents are so sexy... though I bet there will be much lost in translation through a photograph.
msbbosom,
Rae
So what was the temperature up there anyway, during all this?
bkrgoo,
Hair
I would guess that weekend it was about -10 F.
The coat I was wearing was new, however, it definitely was not thick enough. I wasn't aware when we left the house that we would be on foot for the night. Plus, I usually don't like to wear my big pea-coat or my suede coat to the bars in Superior, because the smoke smell stays in them forever!
I believe my quote on the phone on my trot back to my car was, "I'm going to hang up on you now, my fingers are numb from holding the phone."
axsak,
Rae
Post a Comment