Yesterday I met my mom at Northwest Outlet to pick out a jacket for my birthday. (Don't tell me happy birthday now - it's not until May.) NW Outlet has a big end of season sale and I picked out a couple of Columbia fleece coats for $15 and a couple more Columbia jackets and sweaters for myself now. Today I am sitting at work thinking about what else I could possibly purchase at such bargin-basement prices. I might be in the market for a new North Face winter hat at $12.88. Possibly a Carhartt jacket for my boyfriend.
And then it hit me.
I need Wool Pants! "Wool Pants?" I thought, "For real, you want wool pants. You've been wearing your boyfriends wool pants for grouse hunting, deer hunting, shoveling snow and now ice fishing. Maybe you should get your own pair."
I've almost talked myself into buying them. I was wearing them fishing one day and I did hear a comment, "There is nothing sexier then a girl in a pair of wool pants." It must be the plaid that drives men wild.
But now I'm beginning to wonder when I started to cross that line from shopping fiend to sticking my hand up the neck of a deer to pull out its esophogus. The last pair of shoes I bought was a pair of Gore-tex hiking boots. For Christmas I got another pair of Choppers and I am ecstatic. Whatever happened to cashmere scarves and watching Sex & the City. Now its camouflage and The Outdoor Channel all the time. Was I destined to live life this way? Did I pigeon hole myself into these past-times by moving back to Northern MN/WI?
In the end, I think I will go buy myself that pair of wool pants (or possibly a pair of Carhartt pants). They go great with the pair of Iceman boots I already own.
You should see the mounted fish I'm getting for my birthday. I am quite the Crappie slayer!
14 year old Montana ranch kid ropes drowning man out of Yellowstone River
[Hero]
-
[image: Hero] [link] [7 comments]
57 minutes ago
1 comment:
Isn't it interesting the things you see yourself doing differently now as opposed to a few years ago? You should have seen me when I was looking at my new apartment (which I will move into in a couple weeks). The kitchen. The goddamned kitchen. That's all I cared about. Everything was nice, and there was room to cook. I didn't care about the rest of the place because it had the best kitchen I had ever seen.
And do you know I spent almost $200 on a santoku knife? And I firmly believe it was worth every penny.
I never thought I would be the guy who finds "kitchen stuff" interesting. But I am. I wasn't this way two years ago.
But I think you should buy the wool pants. Don't let your mind from two years ago prevent you from evolving.
wvzxs,
Hair
Post a Comment