Monday, June 14, 2004

06/13/04: Four drinks. Two Miller Lites (bottled) and two Vodka Collins. I think my body is pissed at me for cutting down on my alcohol intake. It was becoming accustomed to the constant flow then when I not so much cut it off, but cut it down, it responded by instantly gaining weight. Perhaps, I am just noticing my hunger more now that I can think straight and eat more. I despise low-carb foods. Low carb coke. Low carb candy. It's a low carb world and I'm hating it. I am, however, loving my baked doritos and fresh salsa. Sounds healthy enough.

The work schedule I keep isn't really facilitating my internal screams for athletic competition. The ten mile bike ride and five mile walk last night didn't really cut the fat around my mid section as I had hoped for. Maybe if I do it more then once every five months I'll see some result.

Boys. Christ. Can I dig myself a bigger hole? Usually I can't find a decent guy in a 200 mile radius of me. Then suddenly there is a plethora. I'm telling you... when it rains, it pours in the land of Rae. I've figured that I really don't have to decide which one to pursue, since which ever one is pursuin me at the moment I'm bound to fuck up in a matter of months... or even weeks. It is inevitable.

I am a true believer now that if you are surrounded by dumb people long enough that you yourself will speak their language. I listen to people walk up to a building materials desk and say, "I'm building (insert any word here) what do I need?" Well, let me tell you kind sir, that if you honestly believe you are going to build a garage... by yourself... with no plans... and have not built anything more complex then a bird house before... you are in for a mighty big surprise. I sit back at my desk fighting the urge to hurl a phone book in their direction and scream, "LOOK UP CONTRACTORS." Seriously, it's good to explore, test your limits, even learn... but when you are going to spend $15,000 on something... perhaps you shouldn't gamble with six foot on center studs.

No comments: