Tell me again what your job is.
I made a return trip the Duluth Athletic Club last night. A friend came over from Fargo and my ex-best friend was available as well as another chum I've known since age 5. One friend wanted a relaxed atmosphere with no smoking... so the DAC was definitely the place.
After drinking a very weak Vodka & Cranberry and an even weaker Cosmopolitan (at $7) I was frustrated. I figured if I want alcohol might as well get an Iron Butterfly. (We have previously established that it is Baileys, Kahlua, and Vodka on ice) I get my drink and it is white. And frothy. It looked like Baileys and Cream. Replaying the past 30 times I've had this drink I determined that it was wrong.... and said something about it. The waitress takes it back.. says something to the bartender... he pours some Kahlua in it and returns. She said, "He forgot to put the Kahlua in." I have a drink with three ingredients. My bartender FORGOT an entire ingredient. It's not like its duck patte and he forgot the rosemanry. He forgot 1/3rd of the drink. I told the waitress that the missing Kahlua wasn't the only problem.... I believed he also forgot the vodka AND added cream. She took it back again and he started over. It was right (though not good) the second time. I was just checking: YOU ARE A BARTENDER, RIGHT?
We laughed when we got the bill for the $6 drink that was wrong. No apologies from the staff either.
I think if I go back I'll stick with the beer. It's relatively hard to screw that up, but I won't put it past them.
14 year old Montana ranch kid ropes drowning man out of Yellowstone River
[Hero]
-
[image: Hero] [link] [7 comments]
1 hour ago
2 comments:
That's what happens when you stray from Jackies and Hairs.
Aurostion: That would be beyond irony.
Hair: I tried to have a Rae, but they screwed that up too!!
Post a Comment