Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Thinking in the shower.

There I was, thinking in the shower. I was thinking about how the shower seems to be the only place where my brain is not subjected to intentional background noise. I thought some more about that and decided that sleep time and the walks to and from my car also fit into that category. Think about it: I listen to the radio everytime I'm in my car, I listen to a Muzak station all day at work, restaurants play white noise music, malls play music, when I'm home the tv is on. How often am I really in silence? Not a whole lot. So does this mean my clearest thoughts come in the shower? I hope not.

What I was originally thinking (before I interuppted my own thoughts with more thoughts about thinking) was the fact that I am completly selfish on my blog. I never talk about anyone besides myself. I am completely engrossed in my own little world I have a hard time recognizing that things are happening to people around me.

Then I thought some more and figured: Well, it is my blog, so fuck 'em.

So more about me:

Why is it that all of my friends that know me personally (Past Roommates: Hair. Past College Acquaintances: Mark. Past Drinking Partner: Kelli. Poster That Suddenly Hates Me: Anonymous.) think (Or so they TELL me) that I am: nice, funny, smart, interesting, fun, witty, and sometimes utterly amazing ... yet guys that I would otherwise be interested in don't seem to realize it. Are you guys all filling me full of shit? If you are you are really really good liars!

Note: If you all want to leave a comment about how awesome I am, feel free! Because if you don't then I really am going to feel like a loser.

But really, whats the deal? I don't have a complex about being alone but I'm seriously beginning to wonder why I am... again! Maybe its the fact that I spend more then half of my waking hours at work. 17 hours yesterday and 10 more today don't seem to leave me with much time to a) socialize and b) formulate a rational thought.

Okay - now that I'm completely obsessed I have found a cartoon about dinosaurs that relates to my life: .Damn those dinosaurs.

That was a lot of random thoughts that didn't quite make a complete blog. Oh well.

2 comments:

Mark Ronsman said...

A compliment for Jackie, now THIS deserves some thought. How can you give someone a compliment when they’ve already heard that they were “nice, funny, smart, interesting, fun, witty, and sometimes utterly amazing”??

The thing that I find the most amazing about Jackie is that she always seems to be upbeat. It pisses me off to tell you the truth. If you’ve ever read my blog, you know that I just piss and moan when something goes wrong, and the post ends up just being depressing. Now with Jackie, when something bad happens, she states it, but still works in a little something funny that makes you smile. She always seems to maintain (at least from what I see) some level of confidence and never appears totally down in the dumps. She’s the kind of person that could have fun in ANY situation, like an insurance conference, or being audited.

Lastly, Jackie shares my paranoia for squirrels and their little-known plot to establish dominance and take over the world. Some think that I’m insane and that the squirrels could never organize such an impossible attack, but once you’ve stared into the eyes of the Don of all squirrels as I have…you will know, the day of reckoning is coming, and coming soon. Jackie accepts this as I accept it. Those little shifty bastards are always plotting, always preparing. In the meantime, I give them a few peanuts here and there in an attempt to get on their good side. Perhaps when the rest of the world is bowing down to the squirrel overlord, I can escape the torments of slavery because of my generosity in the past. Who knows…

I seem to have gotten side tracked here, as tends to happen the topic of squirrels comes up. Anyway, Jackie, you’re an amazing girl. You are all those things that you’ve listed, nice, funny, smart, etc. I can’t say that I approve of you wasting your time on a guy that doesn’t see all those amazing things about you. But as long as you’re happy, it’s all good. I hope this was a good enough compliment for you, so that you don’t feel like a loser. Talk to you soon.

Jackie Rae said...

tear.