Sunday, February 06, 2005

Another rockin' night.

I went through my wardrobe the other night. It's always sort of an adeventure when I delve into the masses of my closet. What sort of hidden treasure will I find? There are three main reasons that I periodically puruse my closet, and its not to purge.

Reason 1: To waste time
I think it comes as no shock to you all that I have some time to waste. Though I do work over 42 hours every week and have thrown myself into the "excercising" world again - the lack of a significant other leaves me with plenty of time to spend on myself. Trying on copious amounts of outfits occupies mere moments of this time. It's amazing to me that I really do have clothes in my closet with their tags still on.

Reason 2: To see how much weight I've put on
The dress: A strapless medium/metallic blue from the GAP. Size 4.
The girl: Not a size 4.

Two and a half years ago I wore this dress to a couple of weddings. I had to tailor the sides of the dress so that it wouldn't fall down. Now, with no pinning, the dress stays up. I'm not sure if this is something I should be happy about or worried about. (It just hit me that I used to be smaller then a size 4 at the age of 21..... what the hell happened??) Albeit, I had fun prancing around my apartment at 1am in sandels and my dress.

Reason 3: To play with my shoes
Black strappy satin wedge heels. Low strappy dress heels. Leather wedges. Silver metallic high heels. Brown strappy summer sandals. Two pairs of brown leather zip up boots. Two pairs of black leather zip up boots. Too many running shoes to mention. Cord flip flops. Slides of different makers. It's amazing. I love them all. (I'm not going to mention the fact that I'm sitting in my apartment with a pair of jeans and a tank top and wearing a pair of dress shoes.)

No comments: