Sunday, February 20, 2005

Bust Into The Music Scene - Superior Style.

I went out last night and actually had fun. Bitter, lonely, sarcastic people like me aren't supposed to have fun bar-hopping in Superior. It was supposed to be my personal hell, but I had appearances to make.

My dates for the evening: two brothers and three of their male friends.

I started the night at my old stomping grounds (pre-break up with a past boyfriend) and downed 1 Jaggermeister/Red Bull, 1 Iron Butterfly, and 1 Busch Light. The posse then proceded to Norms to see a certain unamed hooptie of mine play in a band. I proceeded to drink 1 Iron Butterfly. I did make eye contact with said hooptie and marvel in his hottnes for a little while. (Yes, I listened to the music as well!)

We proceeded to Frankies to partake in some karaoke (No, not me. I admit my deficiancy in the tonal part of my voice.) and consumed 1 Cider Jack. Two of the friends of my brother sang seperate songs (Desperado, Pianoman)... and as I was practicing my "hand over my face I'm so embarassed I don't know them" move I was shocked to hear that they BOTH could sing. Really well. So well, in fact, that it made me smile.

I smiled. Is my bitter exterior melting away in my old age? Am I going to become one of those perpetually happy twixter? I began to wonder if I was happy because I had pleasant company. I completely adore my brothers. We don't often hang out as a group together besides holidays, and we have quite the chemistry as a trio.

Also the fact that I may possibly be crushing on someone I don't even know. (You all knew that I wouldn't be able to stay away from boys for much longer.) More on that as it develops. (Hopefully!)

(Of not so important note: we also got pulled over, went to Perkins, and rolled into the apartment circa 4am.)

No comments: